Quote:
VMWare have Fusion which by many accounts is designed to leapfrog Parallels in terms of stability, features and performance.

Fusion hasn't shown off a feature like Coherence yet, will be interesting to see if VMWare tries something similar. Parallels is also working on Direct3D support, so at this point it's a matter of what product does it better. One other feature I can think of that Parallels has that Fusion is missing right now is the ability to boot off the Windows partition on the disk. I know VMWare does this on other platforms, so this should be easy for them to add on Fusion.

The benefits of Fusion that I currently see is SMP support for the guest OS, and also 64 bit support. And lastly, compatibility with the other existing VMWare images out there.

For me, I'm waiting on one of them to release a non beta version that offers Direct X 9 support that is good enough to run games with very little slowdown compared to dual booting. The good thing is that competition seems to be enhancing Parallels already, so having 2 products out there should benefit all Mac VM users. It's good to see, since Microsoft bowed out of the Mac VM market by not attempting to make a VirtualPC product for the Intel Macs.