Quote:
The other, more common, issue, under Unix, is that a program has a handle on a file and then the file gets deleted from the filesystem while the program still has its filehandle open. In effect, this removes the file from being listed in any directory, but it doesn't free the disk space until the program closes the filehandle (or exits). I don't know if Windows works similarly, but it might be worth checking into. You could reboot the system to make sure. (Somehow I doubt this is it, since Windows gives you access errors when you try to open the same file twice, but what do I know?)

That's pretty much how it is behaving. After a reboot we are back to what we should be. The good news is that today when we checked the server it still looked like it should, however nobody has been touching it since I rebooted it late Friday. We haven't been able to identify what is taking the space, then not releasing it as it should.

I'll check out Scanner to see if it will see what is using it if/when it takes over the drive again.

#040103696 on a shelf
Mk2a - 90 GB - Red - Illuminated buttons