Well I got my tuner finally installed, can not believe that it's been a month without a radio. I have just barely scratched the surface on getting songs on my player. So needless to say the radio this morning on the way in to work was a nice break from the same mp3's that I have been listening to over and over.

Anyway something has to be wrong because the tuner worked the first time without any problems, also there were no parts left over . The only problem I had with the tuner module was that I switched the male and female 10way connectors, but obviously it doesn’t matter as long as they connect. Guess that came from only being able to work on the tuner module for about 15mins one day, 5mins the next day, skip a day or 2, etc…… I’ve just been swamped at work and at home lately that I have had zero free time. Anyway I found a nice hole to put the tuner module in behind the dash. I will say this whether the large square opening in the bottom of the sled was designed in or not, I love it. It really helps in locating the wires when installing everything. Although I have a lot of room in my dash it was nice to able to reach my hand in and adjust the wires that were getting in the way. Installing many radios over the years in various cars, some dashes are just nightmares trying to get RCA's, speaker wires, wiring harness, antenna adaptors, etc... all tucked behind the radio.

I will post some pr0n soon, camera battery was dead last night wouldn’t you know, (wife ran it down at our sons t-ball game this past weekend). I am still trying to decide on whether I want to try and do a stealth install or not. Right now I just have a basic metra dash kit, which is not that appealing but got me going. I can not open the Explorer pics from FireFox31 post as this would be one I would be interested in as I have an F150 which is basically the same dash. I have been thinking about just bringing the serial, mic, AUX, and 3.5mm inputs through the dash to above the Empeg to be able to just connect/disconnect easily as needed.