Hmmm... well, all I did was went out and bought a piece of GM smoked perpex from the local hardware store, took the face plate off Emma and passed it to a mate in Eindhoven who just so happens to be the main programmer/operator of one of the most accurate CNC machines installed in the Netherlands (MEGA bucks). It's smart; he just clamped the old face plate in place, it scanned it, worked out the milling trajectory for itself after scanning the outline, then it cut a new panel in about one minute flat. Perfect fit, first time. The wonders of modern technology (he's done me a set of bike pegs as well )

I don't have a Mk2 and although I know what the panel's like, I haven't cut one, neither do I have a sacrificial lamb to get one made from. Surely there must be a milling shop near you that could do the same? I know the idea of batching up sets of plates and selling them is attractive, but this one was a personal favour over lunchtime; to get a batch done would mean commissioning the machine shop, a mimimum size batch, and the costs to match, which on this particular machine would NOT BE CHEAP, believe me. Additionally, these days I only do stuff cash up front after getting stung for a batch of circuit boards that ?everybody wanted?, but nobody wanted to pay for when they were made. Ignition synchroniser board, anybody?

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015