Quote:
International market Phil

But shipping/insurance and an 'in the flesh' exchange are definitely valuable.

I don't think they justify the usual 1$ = £1 marketing trick though

And 2x 18Gb drives isn't much nowadays - you'd need to spend £50 to get a new drive in it to start with.

So looking at $275 for the empeg => £160 ?
Then add a bit for being local?

International market, perhaps, but he's not a business. If he's selling to a UK-based person he'll easily get bewteen £200 and £250. To get that price from a US seller it'd be about $450 dollars which is silly money - but thats not us Brits fault is it? Hence if he were selling, a US person will need to pay more.

Hard disk - not too important and doesn't affect price unless its a silly high capacity. Drives are cheap and the upgrade is easy to do. I'd rather have a well looked after 36gb player with no hard drive issues/dry solder joints etc over a FUBAR'd 120gb player that'll need repair work.

Tuners - a kit from patrick was £110 + assembly. So £100 for a tune is fair enough.

A bag? Rare. Sealed/brand new? Very very rare. £50 easy. I'd guess that if that ebay auction had been posted here it'd have sold for more. Caseye got a bargain IMO.

Just my opinion Again, its worth whatever someone will offer for it, but theres a point at which its not worth selling as its worth more to keep it.