In addition to the standard garage door switch that came with the opener (which is installed in the garage next to the doorway into the house), I have two doorbell switches that also open the door. One at the front of the garage, inside, to one side of the door. And the other in the house, inside the front closet whicih is right by the front door.

That gives me access to opening and closing the garage door from all practical locations. The garage also has two 120VAC light switches (3-way design), one is by the garage door itself near the doorbell I mentioned above and the other is inside the house next to the doorway into the garage. The light on the opener can only be turned on from the stock/original switch and remotes.

I also used to have a couple of little devices that would light up if the garage door was opened which I kept near my doorbell in the living room and in my bedroom. Not so useful after I ran over the sensor which triggers them (it fell off the door without me noticing )