The iPod touch looks cool, and with the WiFi allowing you to buy songs, it starts to add connectivity to music players in a possibly useful way. The WiFi in the Zune was just horribly limited, and no connectivity to the Zune marketplace was strange. On the iPod (and iPhone) side, I'd still like to see it extended to syncing with my computer (bonus points for over the internet, or auto syncing when I get home), and also enabled to sync podcasts directly to the device. That way, I could go on vacation, not haul around the laptop, and still enjoy the new release of a podcast while traveling.

I would like to see an iPod touch with a hard drive. That seemed to be the logical step over keeping the iPod classic around, but I suppose until the price of the tech in the iPhone and Touch comes down, it's somewhat reasonable. The iPod line though seems a bit crowded now. The iPod Nano does video and is flash based. The iPod touch does video with a bigger screen but still uses flash.

Quote:
call me cynical, but to me the only interesting thing about this product is that it tells us the cell phone part of the iPhone costs $200.

Actually, only $100. The iPhone dropped 33%, or $200 in price today, a mere 68 days after release. So existing owners have been paying nearly $3 a day for the privilege of being one of the first owners. For Apple, or really any company out there, such a rapid price drop is unheard of, and speaks highly of price gouging your willing early adopters. Up until today, I was very happy with my iPhone, and my overall experiences with Apple. This now has me shying away from ever buying a new Apple product again, for fear that it will drop in price so rapidly, and my willingness to buy something new was simply being exploited to pad the books at Apple.

Quote:
Oh, and I also liked Steve's claim that the Touch was the "First time EVER on a music player to have a browser built in." Um...no.

Not defending the statement, instead I'm curious what portable music player did have a web browser before the iPod touch. Admittedly it is a narrow definition, since there have been cell phones for ages that can play music and have a web browser along with some PDAs, but I can't recall a device that touted music playback as the main feature and had a browser in it.