I have an account, but I'm not sure it's all that useful for my situation. I have a cell phone number that has been my only phone number for personal calls since 1999. While I do have a work phone, I don't want personal calls going there, nor do I want work calls going to my cell phone, so the idea of consolidating those doesn't appeal to me.

However, there is one potential use I can see for the service. My phone number is for an area code no longer local to where I live, so with Grand Central, I can get a local number as well, and currently at no cost. However, this solution has one flaw. If someone calls me on the GC number, it always goes to a GC voicemail box, where as if someone calls my normal number, it goes to my cell phone voicemail. Has anyone figured out a way to turn off the GC voicemail, and set a certain number (in my case the only one on the account) as the one to ring to and allow it to transfer to that voicemail service? That way, if someone calls me on the GC number, it goes to my cell phone voicemail if I don't answer.