Originally Posted By: FireFox31
Can anyone recommend funny podcasts about Information Technology? Is there anything analogous to "Car Talk" out there? I've been told there was a show on TechTV years ago which humorously answers calls for technical help.

Yup, it was called, unsurprisingly, "Call for Help." As Rob says, it was hosted by Chris Perillo for a long while, then he "left" TechTV (not sure if he was fired or if he quit), and Leo Laporte picked it up. I only saw a couple dozen of the Leo episodes, and thought they were really good, though mostly aimed at computer novices. (back in the day, The Screen Savers even took live calls on computer problems, and those usually covered slightly higher level topics - it's hard to believe that Attack of the Show is technically the same show...ugh).

When G4 swallowed TechTV, Call for Help went Canadian. Leo would fly up to Canada to shoot for the show, which aired on TechTV Canada. The good thing about that is that the show added Amber MacArthur \:\) Well, I believe that recently the show made some major changes including moving to a new city, so I'm not sure if it's still on the air.

ANYway, the reason I'm giving all the back story, is that in addition to Rob's excellent suggestion, you might want to check out some of the shows on the TWiT network, which Leo started. Many of them have more of a news discussion bent, but I've found them pretty informative. Sadly, I haven't listened to them in a while, though. My current favorite podcast is The Totally Rad Show. Geeks should check it out, and try not to let Dan annoy you too much.