Hey Guys -

I just followed the FAQ and installed a second hard drive in my EMPEG. I thought that I would share my experience:

I bought an IBM Travelstar 30 GB Hard Drive from newegg.com for $300. They did not ship me jumpers or screws in the OEM pack. More on that below. Here are my comments:

1. The FAQ is great. Like they always say, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AT LEAST ONCE before doing anything.

2. I personally had a hard time with the case. I ended up bending the tabs an extreme amount knowing that they would not go back perfectly. It worked, but it wasn't very slick. I don't know if it is me or perhaps the FAQ could be tweaked a bit.

3. After I removed the case and unscrewed the shock mount, the hard drive did not want to come up. Having no way of seeing underneath the shock mount, I did not want to force it. Well I finally applied a fair amount of force and the mount came off, but the left rail stayed behind along with two grommets. It turned out that the rail was glued with a mild adhesive. It was easy to pop the rail off and re-insert the grommets.

4. If you are short on screws, I found them at Fry's. Even though 3 people told me they didn't have the right screws, there are low-profile screws that work perfectly in a $4 pack labeled "Multiple Screws & Mother Board Standoff's Variety pack for Computers" PA-PC-KIT 2390719.

Overall the install was smooth. Now its time to find a cheap 12GB Tivo!

pete