Another free bump for this piece of kit....

...I don't use this that often apart from when I'm having major problems, or I need to "see more" than I can on my oscilloscope, just such an occasion happened this week.

I've been doing some RFID work (initially 125Khz, now onto 13.5Mhz with Mifare + the standard ISO standards) and this came in so useful for verifying that we were seeing valid signals. We were quite chuffed that our little tiny isolation routed pcb worked straight off with our completely randomly wound coil, ok the card had to literally sit directly on the coil to read....but a few hours later and a few calculations we had the full 12 cm read range.

There are a few things that still bug me though (and I must get around to emailing their support department):

1) The website with the download has no version or date information, so you basically have to guess whether and when it was last updated.

2) The protocol decoders and still limited and fixed, I so wish these were implemented as plugins, a "manchester" decoder would have made my life very easy, I was having to do it by hand, or rather I was shouting 0 or 1 across the room to my boss who was writing them all down for me.

3) A few more output formats (plugins) would be handy.

Other than that, it's a great instrument. The A to A cable is a bit of a pain, especially as I had to go hunting for it because it'd been stored when we moved office.