Hi, I have been following the pending arrival of the tuner module for the Mk2 EMPEG units with interest.

Although I know as little as the rest of us about the actual release date etc.
I do have some technical questions on the tuner module that someone out there [in the empeg division of Rio?] might be able to comment on.

1. What is the pin-out of the wires on the connector on the tuner module [I assume its the same as the pin out on the connector on the docking sled], except the connector is reversed. I assume there is power [+5v], 2 way control signals plus audio signals [stereo?] coming back.
I assume the control signals are 2 way due the RDS supported by the tuner module.

2. For those of us who want to make extension cables [or interface to the tuner module for other projects] what are the manufacturers of the connectors and their part numbers of the male and females connector used on the tuner.
[e.g. RS part numbers].

3. What is the basic low-level protocol [hardware/software] between the EMPEG and the tuner module is [I2C?], serial protocol of some sort? SDI? or some other protocol?

In case anyone is wondering why I want this info, I can see a use for a computer controlled AM/FM receiver like the yet to be released EMPEG one [esp if it includes RDS as I'm told it will] and I have will be buying one or 2 extra tuner modules for these projects when they become available as well as a couple more for my 2 EMPEGS.