Thanks, Japie for revisiting and re-organizing the concepts behind big disk upgrades!

I'm pushing my two 60GB (111GB reported usable) drives more and more these days. I'm not sure how many files are on-board, but the 'big mix' of music and comedy is around 21,000 tracks. This does not include several thousand other tracks of books and lectures. Currently, Emplode reports about 12.7GB free space.

Anyway, I changed hard drives and operating systems on my home PC and lost my fidsift .bat file that tanstaafl put together. I figure any discussion about big disks should also mention that wonderfully helpful widget that he provided. So, here's a link to the thread Plain english description of what the "maxfid" patch does? in which the little bugger resides.

Also, I betcha it took Japie a while to put together some of his posts in this thread. No doubt the last upgrade to the board software helped him (or at least, didn't hinder him).
Cheers Japie, Mark, tanstaafl, and Drakino!

Heck, thanks to all you guys!

edit: just downloading more files and will try the fidsift.bat on my newer system in a moment. Also, I grabbed up the latest fidsift.sh file that Mark provided (299723) and patched it into the fidsifter directory for the .bat file, replacing (austensibly) 289080.

Edited by Robotic (27/01/2008 00:08)