Interesting little 'adventure' today. I came out to my truck after work and found not only a dead battery but my player seemed to have lost all its settings! From button illumination levels, to EQ settings, to my visuals and 'info' settings - All were gone. Now the question that's eating at me is: Did the dead battery cause the empeg to 'revert' or did the empeg somehow fail and take the battery with it (BTW the battery was purchased new less than 7 months ago)?

I'll recap the day as best I can.

This morning: Same as any other Winter morning. Remote started my truck and after it warmed up I got in, inserted the empeg (which sleeps indoors) and off I went to work. Left the empeg in the truck as it's a secured parking lot and the temp was warm for Feb.

This afternoon: Needed to run some errands so I took my lunch hour to do so. Again, got in the truck, key started it this time, and drove around doing errands. Drove back to work and same as this morning left the empeg in the dash. I wasn't paying any particular attention to it but I don't think it was on when I left the vehicle.

This evening: Came out after work just wanting to weekend to begin. On the way to the truck I remote-started it. lights dimly lit and the truck tried to turn-over. No dice! Got in and tried to key-start it only to confirm that there wasn't enough juice in the battery. Got a jump-start and as I was driving I noticed that the empeg's buttons weren't lit up, auto-volume adjust (and just about all other) Hijack settings were off/reset, and the playlist was wrong.

When I got home I restored the dynamic data and re-sync'd the empeg. Had to manually tweak all the Hijack settings back to the way I had them.

So did the battery kill the empeg or did the empeg kill the battery?