Yup, you can do it. There is a web site on the Rio Receiver BBS with some .... hackable... software for use on linux.

I say it that way, because.... well, It's not quite done. One of my programmers also purchased one of the $150 Dells when I did, about a month ago. I've had him tearing the code apart and re-doing most of it.

The original programmer (and all of this is secondhand...I'm not a perl person..... It's definitely Write only code in my opinion... Reading is NOT allowed), did enough research on it to get it working in his setup... and that's about it. I'm glad he did what he did, as it certainly is making our life easier during the rewrite, but we're trying to fix up a bit of it, clean up the code in general, and make it a bit .... Prettier.

Little things, like being able to randomize more than 50 songs. DB independance (it's currently DBM files... We're putting it to postgres, probably with the DBM's still available), general stuff like that.

And yes, once it's better than we have now, it will be put out there for general download.