Some web pages have tabs at the top, where you click on the tab and a different piece of information appears within the same web page beneath the tab. It's not loading a new page, the information under the new tab appears instantly when you click on it.

I'm pretty sure it's done by having the data for all of the tabs pre-loaded into DIV sections, and then when you click on the link of the desired tab, it just unhides one DIV while hiding all the others. Or some kind of trick like that.

It's easy enough to split up a web page into named DIV sections, but what I don't know how to do is to make them appear and disappear when I click on an A HREF.

Can anyone give me a simple example of how to do that?

Every time I google search for how to do tabs, what I get is a thousand web pages with CSS examples of the graphic and mouseover tricks to make the tabs *look* cool. That's great and all, and I used one of those examples to do tabs with the fancy mouseovers, but the tutorial only showed how to make the tabs look pretty rather than how to make them actually *DO* anything when you clicked on them.