Guys,

My wife and I are planning on building our house next year. We're currently busy at designing plans etc. One of the things we really want to do is to install a domotica system. The software is no problem, we've got that covered. The only thing we're trying to save a few bucks on is by finding our own in-wall mounted touch screens.

We were quoted a price, but we believe this could be done much cheaper. Since the whole domotica (home automation) system runs on Windows XP and uses TCP/IP, noting really fancy is needed.

We are looking for
-in-wall touch screen computers + monitors
-capable of running Win Xp without a problem. A lowly celeron, sempron or even Via CPU should suffice.
-connections for ethernet (100 mbit or -dare I say it?- Gigabit) should be provided
-harddisk included, or at least installable
-Preferably run on AC
-Preferably passively cooled
-A nice design (eg. aluminum border which is usually used to dissapate the heat with) is also wanted since these will be installed throughout the house. 10", 12" and 15" monitors will probably all be used ; the size used will depend on the importance of the room (eg. 15" in living room and kitchen, 12" in bedrooms, 10" in less important rooms)

I mean something like this. This would surely do, but I don't really like the design. These I like much better, but I can't seem to find a price for them.

Does anyone here know any other options? I'm only asking before this forum has surprised me in the past with answers to questions I never thought would get answered. smile

Thanks in advance!