Update: Final (third) prototype completed, looks great.

I have been living with the second prototype for a few months and it's working excellent. There were some specific things we discovered about the long-term live test with the second prototype that we've incorporated into the final design. I'm very happy with the final design. It fits Mk1 and Mk2 players equally, the player is nice and snug inside the padded case, yet it's fairly easy to get in and out of the case with one hand once you get the hang of it.

We're working on getting pictures up, and her web site will be linked from this thread as soon as she's ready to start taking orders.

We're planning on offering a few options for the bag. The clasp hardware can be either black or chrome, and there will be optional d-rings on the side for a detachable shoulder strap. The color options will most likely be as I described above: Brown or black for the base price, and and extra (not sure how much extra yet) if you want a custom leather color.

For those who are thinking of getting a custom leather color to match their upholstery, please keep in mind that the place it's going to be most visible is when you're *carrying* it. So matching the car's upholstery, while clever, might not be what you truly want.

One thing: Remember that she's going to be making these things as you order them, so there will be a lag time between the placement of the order and the time it gets shipped. But her work is pretty awesome and it's worth the wait.