Originally Posted By: wfaulk
You mean the second the application opens or the second it actually starts processing?

Well, Prime95 appears to start testing when you launch it, and it seems to be stopping about .01 seconds in. I'm not sure if its detecting the problem I'm having, but it's detecting something obvious to it. I wish it would tell ME what that is.

If it were the CPU, what kind of problem? Defective? Maybe I put too much paste on? I installed a program called Speedfan that gave me some temps in the system, and it seemed to indicate that the CPU was idling at around 50C. That seems pretty high, even for a Shuttle, isn't it? I tried stressing it with whatever I had (since Prime95 wasn't doing it) and I didn't notice much change in temperature. And the computer seems to restart after little things are done, like clicking a link, or choosing something from a context menu. Weird little stuff. Anything, really.

It's also delightfully random. Sometimes the computer is running for 30 minutes before a sudden restart. Then, as it did about 15 minutes ago, it'll restart in an endless loop. I had it restart 6 times in a row, each time at either the Windows logo or at the first sign of the desktop.

Argh.

Oh, and I tried replacing the video card. The computer stayed up for about 45 minutes - just long enough for me to get my hopes up - and then crashed just like before. I think this tiny computer has developed a malicious personality...