I forget where I read it, but I read that Apple has some kind of event notification service as part of the new iPhone API. The idea is that, while you can't run a background task, you can register for events that will wake you up, giving you much the same functionality. That Nemus Sync looks like it's exactly what I want.

Of course, you have to imagine that Google, themselves, will develop software for the iPhone. The big question is whether they'll port across whatever apps they're developing for the Android phone. Of course, that would reduce people's desire for an Android, but then it would drive more people to Google's network services, which (arguably) is their #1 goal.

Meanwhile, I went this morning to queue up to get an iPhone. I arrived at 8:30am. The store sold out quickly and the rest of us were allowed to order an iPhone via "direct fulfillment", meaning I've already done the paperwork and paid my money. Now I'm just waiting for my phone to show up at the store next week, when I'll (theoretically) get a phone call or email and can just show up and pick it up.

*sigh*