I'm using JEmplode with my Mac and empeg mk2. It worked fine previously, but since moving to my new Mac it's stalling on 'downloading playlist'. It selects the empeg fine, and it skips through the first couple of 'download...' (database?) sections ok but it hangs on downloading playlist forever. I've tried riding it out but it really stalls (nothing for over half an hour...).

It's doing this on my desktop now too (which I haven't changed anything on, and which worked fine before) so I'm thinking maybe it's the empeg itself. It's driving me nuts.

Is there a chance that I messed something up by unplugging during one of these so-called downloads? (nothing was actually being downloaded - no noise from the empeg or movement on theJEmplode screen)

If I can't sort this out then the empeg is basically no more than an overpriced paperweight. I think it's about time empeg/Rio/whoever they are invested a bit of effort into a non-Windows software solution - make it compatible with iTunes or something. We'll all be using Macs in 10 years anyway, so why not get a head start... ; )

Seriously, can anyone help?

I would be happy to try a Telnet solution - anything.