Quote:
The rebuild option on the Karma is in Menu -> Settings -> Troubleshooting -> Rescan Music.

Hah! Proves what an idiot I am. I thought I had to do that with my computer and was looking all over Rio Music Manager to do the job. Never occurred to me to look in the software in the Karma itself!

Well, now that I have your attention... there's another problem, not as severe but vexing nonetheless.

I have three bookmarks set up, and one of them gives trouble. I can update that bookmark, play some music, and then go back to bookmarks and select that bookmark, and it will take me right where it's supposed to go. However, if I select a different bookmark and play some music, then try and select the original bookmark, the Karma crashes and reboots. Every time.

The bookmark in question contains 12 hour-long tracks, and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it?

tanstaafl.

edit: Doing the re-scan didn't solve the problem. I wonder if the problem might be the "intermediate" bookmark -- it is 542 tracks, probably 40+ hours of music. It does act like an out-of-memory situation.

db

Edited by tanstaafl. (10/09/2008 17:03)