Originally Posted By: robricc
I just installed Winamp 2.95. That did the trick.

I disliked anything post-Winamp 2.x.

That compact mode is one of the things I always liked most about the program. I guess I don't listen to music on my computer much anymore (aside from right now, coincidentally). I have Foobar installed, but I hate the UI and it has one especially obnoxious behavior: I have all my folders on the left side. When it's expanded the songs are in the correct order, but when I add the songs to the current playlist, apparently all of a sudden it gets confused by the track numbers and does the old 1, 10, 11, 2, 3 thing. It's really annoying.

Anyway, long story short I've simplified my computing life and I merely use VLC to play any and all media. It has no media management (just playlists), but I don't want that (I like my folders). At it's most compact it's about 10 times the size of the most compact Winamp, but I've got 30" of screen to work with smile

*edit*
ps- I love to code HTML while listening to Dragonforce at full volume. Damn I'm so happy to not be working at a law firm anymore. Those tools can suck it.

Edited by Dignan (10/10/2008 17:01)