I am starting to take the prospect of starting my own business much more seriously now I have had a few weeks away from work (getting sick of doing DIY!) and have started thinking about setting up a proper website for my photography idea.

I have a website already www.crismatthews.com and am more than happy with all the hosting and day to day running of it and all the coding that will be required, but what I am really struggling with is coming up with a brand image.

I think this is an incredibly important area for the kind of thing I am going into, and while I am ok taking the photos, graphic/logo/brand design are things I am going to need professional help with. As it doesn't get better than a personal recommendation, does anyone have any experience with people who do this sort of thing? So far I haven't found someone who won't charge me the earth, I already have the idea in my head, it's putting it onto the website that's the problem.

Also any suggestions for the technology I should use on the page for maximum compatibility, while still looking cool?

Cheers

Cris.