It was both a very happy, and equally sad day today.

After many years of loyal service my empeg has been put back in it's mLord dock for the last time frown

I picked up my new Smart today, and I haven't been able to figure out a good way of getting the empeg to fit in the new dash. I want to leave the factory unit in place, but they have given me a aux input to try and tempt me into doing it. The glimmer of hope is in the glove box, but this is far from ideal of course.

I think the continued use of mp3 playing technology (iPone) in the car having links back to the empeg via a certain board member wink qualifies me to continue here smile

I find it amazing that the Smart headunit can't even read the tags in the mp3 files it plays. It is unbelievable that the motor manufacturers are so far behind. The empeg is still years head of it's time compared to standard headunits, and thanks to all of you who worked on this amazing product that has kept me amused on many many journeys. I am sure I will miss it every time I am trying to find a track on an mp3 CD (without filenames to help!!!) or trying to skips tracks on the iPhone while doing a roundabout.

Cheers

Cris.