After some years I decided to use the Aux input connectors on the Empeg for the first time. So, I put the Empeg in its sled and I connected a fully ok and working cd player.
Unfortunately, the result is very disappointing: the sound glitches. It seems almost like the Empeg input gets overloaded.

Just for clarity: I do not use the Empeg in a car (did that in the past, worked fine, did not check the Aux input) but I use it at home. The Empeg works fine without the sled. So, I put the Empeg in its sled to use the Aux input. The sled+Empeg stand on a wooden table.

I fiddled a bit around and found the following:
- tried another cd-player + a tuner: same issue
- when I touch the Aux in RCA connectors (cd-player not connected) I see in the VU info screen the needles moving to the right, indicating that the Empeg thinks there is some input. At that moment I can also hear some whine/noise over the speakers.
- when I touch the Aux in and the sled at the same time, there is no whine and the VU meters show no signal. When I do not touch the sled anymore the wine starts again and the VU meters jump
- It makes no differende whether I touch/use one or two of the Aux in connectors
- mp3's on the Empeg are playing fine, no whine or glitches
- all connections, the docking connector etc. seem to be fine

So, do I have a grounding issue on the Empeg Aux in? And if so, why is that the case since it seems very strange to me. May be some grounding wire came loose? Or am I not supposed to use the sled without grounding it? Or do I have to ground something else?

And how do I solve all of this? Just ground the Aux input RCA connectors to the Empeg by means of a thin wire? Or is it wiser to make a dedicated Aux in connection myself by connecting it in some way to the docking connector?

Thans for the answers, hope I can enjoy my new setup.

Edited by Japie (14/11/2008 13:00)