This one should be interesting to watch. Time Warner Cable, after having tried tiered pricing in some podunk town, is now going to roll it out to a city with one of the highest concentrations of tech workers in the US. Can't want to see this one blow up, considering their base cap is 40GB.
Quote:
“86 percent of our customers at least have nothing to worry about,” Dudley said, “That’s the percentage of customers that will be left unaffected by the trial.” I asked if that’s in comparison to Beaumont and whether that’s a very different market. He replied, “Internet usage is a lot like television viewing. It doesn’t vary from geographic area to geographic area.”

I'm looking forward to telling Time Warner Cable off over this one when I move in May. I'll be looking for a new place serviced by a local ISP that actually used forward thinking and rolled out a fibre network years ago to deal with growing demands of a streaming internet age.

Oh, and this is amusing:
Quote:
DSLReports notes that the cities getting tiered pricing are ones in which Verizon FIOS service is not available.