Originally Posted By: tfabris
Our desire is to simply watch the show rather than to redistribute it.

I know that neither one of us is in the right. It's just the way we try to rationalize it.

Interesting, I wonder if I were in court charged with downloading the latest U2 album if this rational would stand up?

I don't pretend to know the licensing agreements that BBCA have with the BBC, but if they are not showing the latest season I would guess it isn't in their agreement yet. Would it be ok for me to download a US movie that isn't released here in the UK as long as I promised I wouldn't let anyone else have a copy? (which I imagine is almost impossible to do on Torrent?)

I am playing devils advocate a little here I know but piracy is a crime, and going back to your original point about SP's, they will eventually have their hand forced into doing something about it which will effect the minority of legitimate users.

I guess it ticks me off a little but more than usual is that the BBC in general is a great source of national pride here in the UK. We all own it, we don't have a choice in that, and I suppose the way I think about it is that you steal from them you are really stealing from me. However you could steal as much ITV content as you want smile

The latest series of Top Gear doesn't seem to be in HD, I couldn't watch on BBC HD on Sunday. It is widescreen of course but still no HD frown Strange really as more and more BBC content was being shot in HD. I was also hoping there may have been a small portion of the F1 broadcast in HD, like the build up or a special, but nothing. I would assume the budget has been pulled back in.

Cheers

Cris.