Sorry to flood the board with so many questions. I feel like I'm spamming you guys. I promise that after this one I'll try to go at least a week without bugging you for more assistance (and I'm still working on that card transfer thing, thanks for the help).

I've been asked by a family friend to help support his law office. He has a very rudimentary setup, with a Windows 2003 server and a few workstations. Unfortunately he tends to use the server as a workstation its self, but that's another issue.

So this attorney has bankruptcy software that he can install on the server, and all the other workstations can get client software to connect back to the server. That's fine, I'm sure I'll be able to figure that one out.

The issue is this: the attorney has two other remote offices. He wants those users to be able to use the software too. Instead of creating a huge mess and paying for more expensive licenses for the software (about $500 for each primary installation), he'd like to try to centralize it as much as possible. Sadly, I'm not very familiar with how to do that.

The only solution I could come up with was VPN. But I have no clue how to set that up. The only solution I could find, which looked like a decent one, was Hamachi, by LogMeIn. It would be a recurring $400 a year, though. On the other hand, the attorney also wanted an easy way to share files, and a VPN would make it easier.

Is there another solution I'm not thinking of? (I'm sure there is)