Originally Posted By: banghi
plugged in it asks for drivers, point it to where i unzipped the emplode2.0 download but it doesn't like them. the faq states "Reports are that the driver works with Vista but not with x64." this is what i expect my issue to be.

Is your Vista computer running the 64-bit version of the operating system? Right click on My Computer and press PROPERTIES. Somewhere on that screen it should say either "32 bit operating system" or "64 bit operating system".

Quote:
dusted off an old XP machine, installed emplode and the USB drivers. this was a fresh install, the box had never had either installed prior to this weekend. checked in device manager, shows USB as having 'SONICblue Rio Car' there. open emplode but keep getting 'unknown player on USB' in there

And so the USB driver that you fed Windows was the one from the Emplode 2.0 zip file? And the player in question definitely contains the 2.0 firmware? If so, that *should* have worked. That's a real stumper.

If the player happened to have firmware that was earlier than 2.0 final, that would explain it.

Quote:
the machine keeps giving me the 'drives already built' message. fine, i'll go in and delete fids as instructed and then reapply the image. only thing is that the last command to execute is 'rom' and my shell keeps giving me the 'command not found' message.

Hm, from the sound of it, you are running the bigdisk *builder* image, and it should work.

That's situation you describe is a real catch-22. I've never had to actually do that particular procedure myself, my builder images always Just Ran.

RWM and ROM are just scripts which execute several commands internally.

Anyone have the proper commands that would execute the same steps as typing ROM would have executed?