Hi guys, I'm new here. I've been lurking for a while but this is my first post. It's great to see such an active community for such a wonderful product that still hasn't quite been matched by the industry since.

I've wanted an empeg ever since I saw one in my friends Miata back in 2001. Finally, that dream came true last week! I did some programming work for another friend in trade for his empeg that he had had lying around for a couple years (never got around to reinstalling it after his old car died.)

There's no way I'll be able to install it in my car myself, I lack both the tools and the expertise to pull off such a task. So, I've been shopping around to some of the local car audio installation places. The first place I actually visited was pretty insulting. I told the guy what I wanted to do and the guy looked at the empeg, told me I shouldn't "bother installing an old piece of junk like that" and tried to sell me some $400 Alpine iPod crap thing. I thanked him for his time and left.

So, this is just the first part of my story, gonna try more places until I can find a man of vision to make my empeg dream a reality!