Sometimes, when deleting the last entry of a song, i.e. when physically deleting the mp3 file from the hdd, it does not actually disappear. After the next sync, in fact, the file appears aganin in the Unattached Items folder.

This shouldn't happen, I don't think... Did you delete a parent playlist without deleting the files within it? Hmm, I think even that is supposed to delete the individual files. Unless you deleted more than one parent playlist containing the files... or something... I don't know? Anyone?

If you can figure out an exact set of steps to reproduce the problem on 1.03, (starting from uploading a fresh file, perhaps copying it to certain playlists, and then deleting things in a specific order?) please list the steps here so that we can narrow down the bug.

Can I delete the Unattached Items folder? What is that for?

The Unattached Items folder should not be deleted. It's the way you can tell if something has gone wrong with the files on your unit without losing those files. It's the equivalent of the Linux "Lost and Found" folder.

Each song and playlist has an associated database entry, or FID. If these somehow become de-synchronized with the actual music files, then the presence of files in "Unattached Items" is your tip-off that something's wrong. You can correct it without losing the song files.

Also, a quick suggestion: wouldn't be possible to introduce a feature that allows one to delete ALL entries fo the same song AND the physical file at once?

Mantra time: This will exist in 1.1. You will be able to search for a song in Emplode, and delete all entries of that song from the Search screen.