Originally Posted By: hybrid8
Every Windows Mobile product I've ever used stored applications and data in RAM. You lose battery power and you lose all your apps and data. That's just the beginning of the historically shite Windows Mobile experience.

It's the consensus among programmers that developing for Mac OS and the iPhone, is a pleasure as far as the frameworks and APIs go. I've only heard horror stories from developers and customers about .NET

As someone who developed a non-trivial GIS application on .NET I can't relate to those experiences. With .NET you get visual GUI development, instead of the stone-age XML file GUI design with Android, and very good code portablity with .NET code that runs on PCs. Battery power/Memory problems? Nope- my application is for hiking so it is shows where you are on huge Topo and Elevation maps. The tiled image file database I made got up to half a Gig on the Storage Card. Not only that it is recording your track log while you hike. I have gotten eight hours of battery life out of my phone while doing this easy- and my phone is notorius for bad battery life (Moto Q).