A while ago a friend gave me a Mk2 to play with, and has been in my shed ever since. Last weekend it got to the top of my 'around to it' pile, and it has been upgraded to v2.01-final, and then Hijack v508, loaded with music, fitted in beloved Audi A8Q, and enjoyed ever since. I have been much impressed with sound quality which seems to integrate seamlessly with the Bose amplifier system factory fitted in the car. I just need a red lens now to make it match the dashboard perfectly.

Please excuse new owner ignorance, my I am having one or 2 issues.

1. The unit doesn't power off when I turn off the ignition and I expect this may be due to the peculiarities of the Audi wiring, however until I get in the wiring with my meter, is there a way to turn the unit off completely? If I use 'Power Off' it goes to a sort of standby but is still drawing over 300mA. If I use 'Quit' from the menu it reboots! Is there some setting somewhere to affect this behaviour or another way to shut it down completely?

2. The left and right buttons don't work as the manual suggest they should when trying to tune the radio. I have achieved the aim through the of use of the remote control however it would be much easier to be able to use the buttons.

3. The radio signal strength meter is always greyed out along it's length. I seem to be getting reasonable reception, but could I need to do the poor reception fix described in the forums?

Thanks in advance, I am sure I have more questions, but they just haven't surfaced yet!

Mk2 v509 hijack
1996 Audi A8Q 4.2L