Originally Posted By: wfaulk
That is, is it possible (or known, I suppose) that these batteries last longer in constant low-power use than non-LSD NiMH batteries with the same Ah rating?

Yes, they should, since with traditional NiMH you'll have self discharge on top of the power consumed by the device itself. Especially if the device takes a month or longer to drain the batteries. The use cases I have experience with myself, primarily involve extremely low power consumption when the devices are not being used. Then some with no power consumption when not being used (because they can be turned off):

Remote controls
Electronic motorized deadbolt lock
Electronic lock mechanism on a safe
Radios
Flashlights (can be turned off completely)
Wireless keyboards and mice (can be turned off completely)

As to why Sanyo are better? They've historically been top-level manufacturers of quality rechargeable cells and the Eneloops seem to be no different in that respect. Back in the 80's and early 90's people I knew into serious competitive radio control cars swore by Sanyo NiCads.

I've had other brand NiMH go bad after only a few charge cycles. Many manufacturers also over-claim their battery capacities. I won't buy anything but Sanyo or Maha anymore.

Edited by hybrid8 (05/05/2010 19:42)