Instead of (or as well as) the 10baseT port how about including a 100mbit RJ45 port? 10baseT is slower than USB as it is, and I guess gigabit is too expensive and a bit overkill.

Love the idea for the microphone / vox control :-) Can't wait to find out the upgrade options, I am not cancelling my order, I'm one of those that can't wait any longer!! (/me chomps at the bit)

In fantasy land: if you ever get a higher res screen then a zoomed video PCMCIA card socket would be sweet, that would take a TV tuner card real nice :-) Widescreen too! Hmmm, PCMCIA DVD...? Or how about a PCMCIA gps receiver (I'm sure you can get serial port ones already somewhere), couple that to an IrDA phone with a modem in it and it could dialout and send an email as the car is being stolen, in built Tracker type antitheft system would be a good selling point. Assuming you've welded the player into the car that is ;-)

I don't have my player yet, but if there isn't already how about some sort of decent locking mechanism to fix the player very firmly in it's car cradle? Could be controlled by a code rather than any visible mechanism that could be forced. Some iron bars and a little servo to shove them through some holes may do the trick. Even something not quite so advanced that would stop opportunists in petrol stations would be handy, or am I just being paranoid?

There aren't any plans to integrate a little mobile phone type transmitter/receiver are there? Getting the unit on the 'net while mobile would be pretty sweet. Where is the IrDA port located on the unit? (I haven't received my order yet) I wouldn't mind getting it talking to a mobile phone and using it to create a dialup connection. It would be handy to know now where I should think about mounting the phone so it's in range.

Regards
Simon

Awaiting delivery... #5833