Hi all,

The last two days I've been looking for a nice short rackmount chassis, but I've not been able to find one that suits my needs. I've bought a nice wall-mount cabinet, the deepest model I could find. Still it's only got about 50 cm (19.5") of usable space. Subtract another three cm's from that for the wiring on the back and you end up with a chassis that can be no deeper than 47 cm or 18.5".

I want to use this chassis to build a nice home server. I'm using a micro-ATX motherboard, so I have no need for a chassis that can also house regular ATX boards. What I DO need:
- space for at least 5 to 6 HD's. (most short cases only offer 3)
- preferably hot-swappable (haven't found one yet, all the hot-swappable ones are at least 55cm/22")
- preferably not too heavy since the cabinet is wall mounted (why don't they make these things in aluminum?)
- Height doesn't really matter, but I've been looking for at least 2U since those will house a regular ATX PSU.

This one is nice, but it only offers 4 HD's (ok, 5 if you include the the 5.25 bay which I can convert), and they are not hot-swappable.
This one is nice as well, but still not hot swappable, which I can live with I suppose, but what's worse is I can't see which brand it is and the question remains if I'll be able to get my hands on one of those in Europe.

Anybody else got a suggestion?

Thanks so much!