How does that sony switch work if I have a different number of outputs from the 2 HU's?

I don't know. I've never used it. Its specs can be found at Crutchfield here, but it probably won't be necessary in your installation.

I plan on getting the eclipse 55090 which plays DVD's, so I guess I couldn't go Eclipse->empeg->amps, cause then I wouldn't get the video out, or could that be bipassed?

Sure you could. The video out is a separate wire, I'm sure. That one goes direct to your display.

Also I don't know if the eclipse has aux in, but if it does, would that solve the voltage preout problem since it's 8volt preout on the eclipse?

Yes, that would take care of it. But I maintain that the voltage level of the outputs is not a problem and you don't need to worry about it. The only thing you should consider is what is most convenient for you in the daisy chain order. Do you want to have to plug in the empeg every time you watch a DVD? Or would it be easier to power up the DVD player every time you want to listen to an MP3? It's your choice.