Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.
What is the consensus here? My pagefile.sys file is 3.29 GB on an 80 GB drive.
tanstaafl.

I have a new desktop system after 10 years of owning only laptops, and more or less for the same reasons as Drakino I decided to build a powerful one. I have 12 GB and an Intel X25-M SSD. Just as a test, as I myself could not decide whether the disabling pagefile.sys ideas out there would actually make sense, I decided to get rid of it and see what happened. So far, after three months of usage, I had no lockups or issue with any software I am using (Mostly PS CD5, Office 2010, Starcraft II, other shareware, some MP3 encoding, internet browsing etc.).

As a side note, I have to say that the SSD brings in mind-blowing performance boosts. I still find them too expensive, but I am really impressed at what difference it makes in everyday usage. That, and 12 GB ram, make my last PC the most impressive new PC, in terms of perceived speed, I have ever assembled (which I've been doing periodically for friends, over the years).

So, to sum up, so far the absence of pagefile.sys from my system has been flawless, but I would not know if beneficial at all, in the first place.
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg