Another good keyboard (my personal favorite) is one you would probably hate -- the Gateway AnyKey keyboard.

If by tactile feedback you mean a physical or audible click when a key is depressed, then you won't like the AnyKey. It is a very soft touch keyboard, like typing on velvet, and is quiet.

I know that keyboard (that's the one with fuction keys all over, both over the top and on the left, like original PC keyboard, and with 8 cursor keys - normal and diagonal, right?) You are right, I hate it, especially too soft, kind of undefined feel to the keys. I really like mechanical click (or rather klang in the case of my keyboard) heard but espacially felt. Of course, there are worse: some Compaqs had keyboards with tactile feedback, but it lied: you felt click before the key made contact. Awfull!

I had to use one of AnyKeys a couple of weeks ago and had to constantly look at it: cursor keys are in the wrong place, entire rows are shifted, shift/ctrl/alt position is non-standard... (other keyboards - some Sun's, for example, suffer from the same problems). However, I remember I liked the layout when the keyboard first came out.

As for macros, I prefer to write them in the software I use. Of course, with some Windows SW it might not be possible...

Cheers!

Dragi "Bonzi" Raos
Zagreb, Croatia
Q#5196, MkII#80000376, 18GB green
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue