Originally Posted By: wfaulk
"We knew the attack was serious enough to completely shut down our service, but not serious enough to warn people of a potential identity theft situation."

Yeah, that part has me agreeing more with your side then what Sony is saying, especially when you factor in the SOE outage. SOE's systems aren't even tied to anything PSN related with the exception of DCUO and FreeRealms PS3 versions. Everything else goes through a separate Station.com account. Something major happened, and they knew it, but weren't willing to share any info. Initially it was called "emergency maintenance", and many just passed it off as more DDOS attacks.

So far I haven't seen an e-mail from Sony about this as promised, but I did go back and look at what they had sent me to see what card they had. I found this message sent March 24, 2011:

Quote:
On April 1, 2011, Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC ("SCEA") will transfer its online services operations, including your wallet and the funds in it, to Sony Network Entertainment America Inc. ("SNEA"). The first time you sign in to your Sony Online Services account on or after April 1, you will be asked to enter into a new Terms of Service and User Agreement with SNEA. If you do not wish to enter into a contract with SNEA, you may decline the terms of service and we will close your account(s) and return your funds. You can preview the new Terms of Service and User Agreement with SNEA at: (phishing looking URL removed, pointed to playstation dot innovyx dot net)

Beyond the odd url in the message, it also came from innovyx.net instead of a Sony controlled domain.