The cheaper electric kettles do usually have plastic insides, and yes, I stay away from those too.

I haven't yet seen any models that don't have plastic somewhere inside (mainly the bottom of the lid), but you can minimize the amount that touches boiling water.

We actually have two electric kettles in our kitchen. My wife is Persian, and therefore a tea drinker. But one unexpectedly nice part about having electric kettles is that it makes it so much faster to boil a pot of water for pasta. We use our largest pot for pasta, and if we start with tap water it takes a very long time to boil even when covered, at least 15 minutes on our gas stove. So instead we put a little in the pot with the gas on high, and fill our two kettles. It cuts the process to about half.

One of our kettles is a 6 cup model from Krups, which we use for water boiling and for when a bunch of guests want tea. The other is a smaller model that I bought from Adagio teas called the UtiliTea. We use that one more often because it has a temperature gauge, which is important for green teas and the like so they don't taste too bitter. It also boils faster for whatever amount of water you put in, probably because of the smaller size.

By the way, if you haven't shopped at Adagio before, it's a great online tea store with very decent prices. Their peppermint tea is my go-to drink when I have a cold. We also have two of these in pretty heavy rotation.

Anyway, here are photos of our Krups and our UtiliTea, respectively, with requested shots of the insides:

Attachments
P6073830.jpg

P6073832.jpg