My empeg has been sitting in its Pelican case for about a year and a half. Since mid 2009, I've been listening almost entirely to podcasts, and since mid 2010, my cell phone (Palm Pre!) has been (automatically) downloading and playing them for me.

I began upgrading the stereos in my cars to replace the no-frills Alpine decks with the awesome JVC KD-R810 to get A2DP bluetooth streaming from my phone. While the Benz has both the JVC and empeg installed, the Volvo has neither (yet...), leaving me to listen to my phone through a single headphone. Weak.

I often want to finish the installs and bring the empeg back into service. While I use my phone for time-sensitive podcasts, my empeg receives the more immortal ones (like Car Talk). There's so much good content on it that I want to hear. Oh yeah, and music too...

I'm glad to see the empeg community is still around. As someone's signature once said, "I'll get around to installing an empeg in one of my cars one of these days..." Take care.