Has anyone successfully used any wired remote interfaces that emulate the Sony stalk such as the Metra Axxess universal or the PAC SWI-PS? I had Best Buy’s Geek Squad try to install both of these devices: the Axxess one was only able to control volume intermittently and the PAC one didn't do anything except that in one mode (I think JVC-mode) it was constantly sending change-visualization command which I guess would equate to either a shifted seek-up or a shifted seek-down command coming from the Sony stalk.

Notes: The 100-ohm resistor that came with the PAC SWI-PS kit that we were supposed to use (and did use) in-line with the positive wire measured at 99 on initial contact and then dropped down and stabilized at 98.7 ohms. The tuner module that I have in that car is one that I bought used and it was exposed to water so it is possible that some circuitry may have been compromised; however, the radio itself works just fine so I have no reason to suspect that the remote jack would be damaged other than the lack of functionality with these steering-wheel-control interfaces. This knowledge cost me over $80 dollars so I’d greatly appreciate it if anyone gives me any useful feedback or tips. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Hollywood Justin (17/01/2012 07:37)