I tried copying my FID's and dynamic data as per the Rio Car Disk Upgrade Guide FAQ instructions, although rather than using the developer version of the firmware, I used version 2, beta 13 with hijack included and it seemed to copy all of my files properly except that when I connected with emplode there were many warnings and I only had about 400 tunes out of what was supposed to be 5400. Also, the playlists were not all nested correctly. When I copied the original slave drive to the new master SSD, my computer went to sleep so I re-ran the cp command and there were no additional files copied so I thought all was okay. I am trying to merge two 30-gig drives onto a single 64-gig SSD.

Next I transferred the development kernel using the Rio upgrade wizard version 3, alpha 8 and when it booted it seemed to have erased my entire music collection because it displayed “Finding music…” so I unplugged it and installed version 2 of the development kernel using the Rio upgrade wizard and applied the v515.hijack.mk2.zImage using Tony's Empeg Logo Editor. All went well except when I swapped the old master out for the new master, I get a message on the empeg screen “Drives already built”. And when I tried to copy the FID’s from my original slave drive to my new SSD, Windows hyperterminal gave me a message that there were no files to be copied.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to which version of the kernel and hijack I need to use or any other suggestions in order to make this transfer work properly?