In the process of migrating away from more Google services - yay! Right now I'm trying to export calendars. As is typical with most Google services I've used, following directions online proves fruitless. Missing links in my calendar settings. So, after editing some options in the Google apps domain admin panel (in the second "settings" tab, not the first), I'm supposed to be in business. But options still missing. Some folks say it may take a few hours for the settings to take effect. So I'll wait.

This process is great, because it just reaffirms my decision to move away from Google's crap.

SOMETIME LATER.... Ok, the options I was looking for never appeared for any but the first calendar. But on the bright side, I found a different (much better) way to export my calendars. I'm not sure why my Google search didn't pull up anyone recommending this nor why the couple of help files on Google's own site didn't tell me to do it this way.

For future reference:
1. Log into Calendar where you're an admin
2. Go to Main Calendar Settings (gear on top-right of window)
3. Click on the Calendars tab (default starts on General tab)
4. Under the calendar list, to the right of the button to create new calendars is a link labeled "Export Calendars" - click it and you'll be downloading a zip containing .ics files.
5. Done

Edited by hybrid8 (18/03/2012 17:16)