Guys, I have a problem with iTunes. What I want is really very simple, but for the life of me I cannot get it right.

Here's the story: I've bought one of those latest models iPod Nano's, you know the stamp format ones. This is my first experience with iTunes, other than making a backup from my iPad.

Now, I want to put Benny Benassi's Toolroom Knights mix album onto my Nano. This is a double CD and all the tracks are mixed. So it is important to play the tracks in the original order and not use shuffle. This also means that every track has got a different artist and title, yet the album name stays the same (duh!).

I've got all the MP3's. I've filled in the tags correctly. All tracks are numbered correctly and those from disc 1 got numbered #disc '1' in the tag (same for disc 2 tracks). (again: duh!)

Now, if I put those files in my library, iTunes does not respect the original order of the tracks. It insists on sorting them alphabetically on artist. I don't know why it's doing that!! Another strange thing: when the files are on the Nano, and I want to select the album through -> "album", ALL TRACKS are their own album (containing one track), even though the album is clearly the same all the time! When I right-click on a track and select "show files in windows explorer", I can see that iTunes has effectively made a separate sub-folder for every track. WTF?

I also tried uploading M83's 'Hurry up, we're dreaming', which is a normal album, meaning the tracks are not mixed. This works perfectly. The tracks don't get sorted in any way and remain in their order as stated in the #track number field. Of course, in this case, the artist is the same as well each time. But I cannot believe this could be the reason.

I'm completely stumped! What am I doing wrong? There is no shuffle mode or something enabled. I must say I'm starting to hate iTunes with a passion. This surely would NOT have been a problem with the Empeg!

Any suggestions? I'm completely lost...

Thanks!