Frankly, they've been in cruising mode with user-facing parts of their OS since the iPhone debuted in 2007. There are a lot of usability issues and paradigm issues that have needed to be addressed since day one.

It still amazes me that the music player app can't be fully used in landscape mode unless you have an iPad.

With regards to color management, NO management is better than poor management. And IMO, color management should never be used to make up for absolutely incorrect RGB values within the image. That first blue example is exactly why one should not rely on color management for use on unknown (or by unknown) targets.

In all web images I strip color profile data to make sure the images appear how I want them to appear, because different vendors have implemented less-than-stellar interpretations of imbedded color profiles. Some that vary from image to image, so that you may very del be left with parts of your page that don't match others. Yuck. Color management is a big mess everywhere, so the fact the iPad doesn't support it doesn't surprise me very much.

The iPad is a fixed target, so it's trivial to make sure that all exports always look as expected on it without an imbedded profile.

Edited by hybrid8 (26/03/2012 20:23)