I would love to be able to dial up a playlist of "newest tracks added"

One way to do this is to do kind of the reverse of what you customarily do when you add new tracks... instead of adding the new tracks to the appropriate playlists and scattering them throughout the empeg, always place the new tracks in the "New Tracks" playlist and just leave them there. As you become accustomed to them and decide where they should go, just move them out one track at a time or one album at a time whenver the thought hits you when you are doing a resynch. This way you have control over how long they stay in "New Tracks" and you can keep your "New Tracks" playlist as big or small as you l ike, and always have it available for random play.without the bother of linking the songs in more than one playlist..

I have a playlist called "Trial" that I reserve for songs that a guy in California sends to me on occasion. They are diverse enough that I don't know where they will end up until I have lived with them for a few weeks. Then I move them as appropriate. Sort of the same thing as the above paragraph...

tanstaafl

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"