So I work for a small (4 person) law firm with a server/domain/active directory setup, and the main lawyer at this firm is pretty concerned about about locking down the computers smile He really doesn't want his users installing ANY applications on their computers, so none of them have admin rights (he does, of course wink ).

But there's a little problem. He had me install a program called Timeslips today, and apparently this program requires that the user have admin access to the local machine. I'm not sure why this is the case, but that's what they're saying.

I logged into the machines as the network admin and gave them local admin rights for now, promising this attorney that I'd try to find a workaround.

So that's where I am smile Is there another way to do this that might get around this requirement from the software? Do you think this software actually requires admin rights?

*edit*

ps- sorry, I just realized after posting this that it doesn't really have anything to do with group policies smile

Edited by Dignan (03/08/2012 21:48)